Re: I've launched my photo "Zapshooter" project

Neat gadgets. Just wondering, how fast should flash units and shutter be for droplet images and things like, say, a shattering glass object? I don't doubt the units' ability to trigger quickly, but what about gear response?

On 12/30/11 5:18 AM, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
On 2011-12-29 07:37, Herschel Mair wrote:
For those of you that know me well, You'll remember a time when I was
photographing bursting balloons and hammers smashing light bulbs etc.
using a device made from a clothespin and thumbtacks!

Well I've launched a project on Kickstarter.com to try and get funding
for making the device commercially.

Please watch the video and check out the pics at:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1286916869/zapshooter?ref=email
<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1286916869/zapshooter?ref=email>

and PLEASE pass this link on to anyone interested in photography or science

Drat the timing; I'm expecting my <http://triggertrap.com/> device in February at this point, which I'm afraid means I'm not likely to be supporting your project significantly (spent that piece of the budget).

Apparently it's steam-engine time. I've been sort-of looking for commercial devices in this space for decades, and in the last about three years I've found the Camera Axe, Trigger Trap, and now yours.