Re: PF members exhibit on 11/26/11

On 11/26/11 4:14 PM, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated NOV 26, 2011. Authors with work now on display at:http://www.davidhazy.org/andpph/gallery.html  include:
Pablo Coronel - After the mist
I really enjoy the variety of droplet sizes. The randomness helps me strip away some of the geometry and allows me to explore the image more closely. Personally, I think I might prefer a color version.

Robert G. Earnest - Montana
I like it. Simple, effective composition...a lovely study of lines and how things can go either way.

Yoram Gelman - Taconic Parkway over the Croton Reservoir
Outstanding image. I absolutely love how the reflection dissolves toward the top of the arch. I might crop it a little tighter at the top to get rid of the dark grey bar. It seems to box it in and distracts a touch.

D.L. Shipman - Airborne
Impressive capture, as these images always are. But, maybe itis the resolution reduction for the gallery, but this is way too noisy for my taste.

John Palcewski - Gals Running
The first thing that popped in my head was the Surf Punks' 1980 anthem/Teenage Girls/. I can imagine this being added to a series of "creepy old man in the bushes with a long lens" shots that you've shared. Perhaps a jab at audience self-reflection ala/Gary Gilmore's Eyes/.

Christopher Strevens - View of Serbia
Depressing...getting a gun.

Herschel Mair - Girl in Church
Having been in that chapel, I find the gratuitous tart with the back-lit skirt and just-positioned clutch amazingly out of place, and the lighting awkward and unnatural. The difference in tonality between the girl and the church is too dramatic as well. I found the lady warrior in the middle eastern souk, while equally cliche and disproportionate, done better than this one.