Re: Opinions wanted on tripod heads

Title: Re: Opinions wanted on tripod heads
I would have to agree with Karl in that you might consider fluid heads for the tripod.
It is wonderful to be able to level out a tripod quickly with a video or motion camera tripod head.
Esp. with all the slr’s that you can shoot video with these days.

And as far as ball heads, the recent questions about the image I shot in Montana... I shot that image with the camera on a ball head clutched tightly to the door jam of a Winnebago.
I did some exposures or cars streaking by in the night hoping that the wind shake they caused to the RV would be minimized by the length of exposure without shake and the fact that I was shooting with a very wide angle lens.
As it turned out, I found the unstreaked frames to be the sexiest and most mysterious.

I think that a tripod or monopod is one piece of photographic gear that can actually improve your photographs. Doesn’t even have to be a good one as long as you can figure out how to make it work.