Re: Opinions wanted on tripod heads

On Tue, November 22, 2011 10:15, Bob wrote:
> I'm asking for opinions on ball heads for tripods.
>
> Any and all opinions and comments are appreciated.

I moved from the old Manfroto bigger ball head, which never was very
satisfactory for me, to the Really Right Stuff RH40 (their medium ball
head; it's GREAT for a D700 plus 70-200/2.8, but they say it's marginal
for a 600/f on a D3).  It's a huge improvement; the locks are much more
positive and easy to use, AND the quick-release system is much better.

(But then, this was moving from a second-quality ball to a first-quality
ball, so this should be no surprise.)
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info