Scanners

Dear Group - I have several different types of negatives that I have had to scan - when Microtek first brought out ScanMaker 4 - I bought it - and it was great - it was a real workhorse and I could actually get negatives that didn't look like there was anything there, but was able to get the information.
Now I have the Epson  Perfection V700 Photo - and I am not at all happy with it.  What is out there now that is comparable to the Scanmaker 4 - I have all the templates (for the different size negatives) for both the Epson and Microtek
Thanks - any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  If I could replace the circuit board (not sure of correct technical term) in the Microtek, I would.
Barbara