Re: PF members exhibit on NOV 5, '11

On 2011-11-06 05:36, John Palcewski wrote:

Dan Mitchell, Interior York Minster  Shots of church interiors always
seem to me to be an exploitation of the power of religious people's
faith than on the visual material itself.  Which is to say that
somehow the less-religious viewer is somehow obliged to treat these
pictures with a sort of reverence or approval that other subject
material does not.    Non-believers are expected, even demanded to be
respectful, but then I imagine far too many Christians would not in
turn feel obliged to give the same respect toward the interior of,
say, a mosque.

That's interesting. I've always found the interiors of old churches fascinating, and I come from a completely non-religious background. The resources poured into cathedrals and such produced bits of period architecture that don't exist for any other reason.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info