From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Karl Shah-Jenner
Sent: 22 October 2011 04:14
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: Problem with my 1 GB Card

Christopher Strevens:

> My 1 GB card has suddenly decided it is full and displays some images that

> put there over two years ago with a video sequence when in the camera but
> cannot read it on my PC..
>

> Any suggestions apart from the local digital camera shop?

here's a few good ones that'll probably do the trick

http://www.flashmemorytoolkit.com/ (also good for speed testing) - the
splash scrren prompts you to use or buy, just press 'use' .. it's free.

http://www.roadkil.net/

http://www.briggsoft.com/dsnoop.htm

http://www.z-a-recovery.com/digital-image-recovery.htm

http://www.pcinspector.de/default.htm?language=1

specific SD recovery (not that they need to be SD card specific)
http://www.active-undelete.com/

http://www.filerecoverytools.com/products/fr_minisd/

more

http://www.snapfiles.com/php/download.php?id=106926

http://www.diydatarecovery.nl/DiskPatch.htm

http://www.lc-tech.com/?page_id=557

http://www.runtime.org/data-recovery-software.htm

http://www.dtidata.com/recover_it_all.htm

http://www.dtidata.com/hard_drive_recovery.htm

http://www.active-undelete.com/

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/diskinvestigator.html

sometimes a few tools will get a lot more off than one, and it's a case of
persevering - some take *ages* to do the task

good luck :)