Gallery comments

John Palcewski
Vittoria:  I like the lighting used for this portrait and the softness does give it a romantic look.  The dark patch of her hair on the right is a little distracting, but that’s just how the light fell.

Jim Snarski
Industrious:  I appreciate the information with this photograph, and the picture is good.  I think I might like it as a vertical more than a square, though.  Still – well done.

Rene M Hales
Toby:  I like the setting Toby is in, the light on his face and the photograph in general.  On my screen the photograph is washed in a red color, which isn’t bad, but I’d like to see this with natural colors.  The border doesn’t bother me and in fact gives the photograph the feel of being a vintage print (except for the running shoe).  If you don’t experiment with your photography, your missing out on all the fun.

Dan Mitchell
Middlethorpe Hall:  I always like to see scenes of places that I probably won’t get to see “in person.”  This is well done and nicely framed and composed.

Trevor Cunningham
washington square park: I wouldn’t call this “cheesy”, I’d call it unusual.  I like the look of the people in this – they appear to be blurred while the rest of the photograph looks in focus.  The image holds my interest.  I kind of like it.  (You’re going to start the flying saucer rumors again, Trevor.)

Yoram Gelman
Croton Dam -- April 2011—II:  I love it.  It looks like an antique print.  I like the subject matter, the printing method, the splashing water – it all works.  There isn’t anything I don’t like about this image.  Great job, Yoram.

Sherie Taylor
Read:  I’m on a committee that is deciding what kind of public art we want here in Lancaster (the edge of the Mojave Desert, but may as well be the edge of the world).  I love the art depicted in “The Read.”  As suggested by another Photoforum member, I think I’d like it if it were cropped a little closer (vertical), but for my purposes (looking at public art critically), I appreciate seeing the area around the art.

Marilyn Dalrymple
Just One of the Gang:  Chubby thinks he’s fooled everyone and he appears as colorful as the gang.

Thank you to Andy and his gang for hanging this show.  I enjoyed viewing it very much.

Marilyn

****
Have you ever wished you could tell your childhood self a thing or two about growing up?
Would the knowledge you know now have saved you from learning things the hard way?

It's Tough Growing Up: Children's Stories of Courage
Marilyn Dalrymple and Joan Foor
www.itstoughgrowingup.com