Re: PF members exhibit on AUG 20, 2011

At 11:18 AM -0400 8/20/11, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated AUG 20, 2011. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

                Pini Vollach -

So sad that the "Tree of Heaven" has such lovely seed pods and is such a trash tree. I do wish the bg wasn't just soft but had no texture at all. It drives my attention away from the pods and into wondering "what's that stuff behind it?".

                Gregory david Stempel - Smith Tower, Seattle No. 1

Interesting softness about the whole image - so contrary to the expectation. The softness invokes a feeling of threat.

                Jim Snarski - Eld Inlet Sunrise

Gray and orange sunrises make me wonder why I bothered to take the photo. I've given them up for good in favor of ones with pink, rose and purple as well as yellows and oranges.

                Lea Murphy - Edyn's first birthday

It's an appealing enough portrait of the child, but there's no messyness about it. How can a first birthday not be messy? And not have smiling eyes and mouth?

                John Palcewski - Lumberjacks

The tree was taken down, and somewhere, waaaaay out in Right Field, the culprits of the deed are lurking. John's titles always seem to miss his focal point.

                Marilyn Dalrymple - Whats So Interesting Out There?

Next time, slow your exposure down enough to get a twitching tail. Then we'll see that the cat is showing interest.

                Andrew Davidhazy - Attention getter

That's for sure! Evidence that somewhere in the great mid-west there is still someone with a sense of humor.

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx