Re: Cheap equipment

True, I bought an AT&T Go sim card for US travel this summer. Pooper it didn't work in Canada. But I must have missed the coordinating unblocked smartphones.

On 8/20/11 5:18 PM, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
On 2011-08-20 05:57, Trevor Cunningham wrote:
I'd recommend eBay for this. Or, in Chicago, there's always Devon St.
Lots of East European/West Asian electronics merchants from the lake to
the airport. The US is rather behind the times with the whole cellular
thing and insists that phones be sold with service contracts.

Contracts are more common, but they're not required. My wife's phone is a pay-as-you-go model, and there are lots of people selling those, from specialty stores to the corner grocery.