Re: PF members exhibit on 06/17/11

Andrew Sharpe - Palo Alto Medical Foundation walkway #3.  Despite the dramatic arching of the walkway to the right this seems too uniformly busy and unremarkable.  Maybe the whole thing would be improved in color; the plants might provide some relief to the overall uniformity.

Dan Mitchell - Norwich Cathedral. Very nice composition that carries interest from the guy with the cell phone to the sloppy woman and then the others in a group at the end of the hallway.  Interesting lighting.  Naturally I think of those tenth century builders who never could have imagined someone sitting there, texting or reviewing email.

Emily L. Ferguson - Something pretty.  Nice colors, but in this instance shallow depth of field doesn't work as well as it usually does with flowers; the right side of the complicated petal seems to be on the same plane as the left, yet it's out of focus, which is rather distracting.

Sherie Taylor - Oldies.  One sure sign of being over the hill is seeing a Volkswagon van and thinking of:   "All We Are Sayin'....Is Give Peace A Chance."  Old?  What in hell are you talking about?

John Retallack - Wall Street Door.   Interesting, but the model's left leg ends with what doesn't look as much like a shoe as what's on her right, and it's a rather awkward pose.   Another minor quibble is that calling a black and white picture a silver gelatin print is the sort of unnecessary pretentiousness common to museums and art galleries.

Trevor Cunningham - basket weaving (webbing for the lawn chair). This is guaranteed to make an impression on at least one person!

Andrew Davidhazy - Antelope  Nice nature shot, but if it were mine I'd burn in the grasses in the foreground a bit.