RE: PF members exhibit on MAR 26, 2011

Rand, thank you for the thorough comments on Street at Dark. I appreciate your thoughts on this image. Your question about the “light spikes” made me go back to the original and check that out. I did all of the processing in LightRoom 2.0. The closest light did not have the spikes. The main adjustment that affected that light was a little highlight recovery. But, when I went back to the original import spikes were not present. Hmmmm. Not sure why.

Rene

From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rand
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2011 7:15 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: PF members exhibit on MAR 26, 2011

Forum Members,

My thoughts on the photos on display at http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html:

Rene M Hales - Street at Dark
Wonderful image! I especially like the way the buildings along the stone street seem to converge near the top, leading into darkness. This gives a feeling of foreboding or mystery to the narrow passageway. The exposure is excellent, especially given existing lighting. I am curious about the nearest light on the right, however. The two lights further away have radiating light "spikes" (for lack of a better word). The one in the foreground, which logic would dictate should have the strongest spikes, has almost none. Perhaps this was fixed in post, perhaps this was somehow a natural occurrence, but it does seem a bit unnatural. I would expect all the lights to have similar spikes.