RE: Japan

From a photographic standpoint, anyone know how the Canon and Nikon facilities made it through??

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Japan
From: Don Roberts <droberts@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, March 15, 2011 10:09 am
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Trevor Cunningham <trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I spent two years in Japan 50 years ago and just got back recently from a 3 week return visit.  Japan has one of the lowest crime rates in the world; crime is not unheard of - they still lock their bikes - but it is not prevalent.  It is a well-ordered society which cooperates readily and is always happy to help someone in need.  Perhaps because the population density is so high those are necessary traits.  Whatever the reason it is one of the most beautiful and pleasant places in the world to visit.  I watch the news with extreme sadness.  The Japanese economy has been hit hard in recent years and this will further damage it.  All disasters are horrific but this one touches me personally hard.  And it is yet another reminder that your own life can change in an instant.  Get the most out of it and help others do the same.
Don