Re: PHOTOFORUM digest 5649 - Walkway

Researching the subject just quickly led me to this:  http://www.urban75.org/photos/photographers-rights-street-shooting.html

There does not seem to be a blanket prohibition on photographing children in Great Britain.  I can see where someone's personal wish to avoid any possible confrontation might inhibit you from taking a child's photo in  a public place but this photo seems to certainly fall withing accepted legal and social norms if the subjects were facing you.  I like the photo also but agree that a person approaching would have been better and legal and acceptable.  I think the law needs to be made clear to all photographers.  There is a difference between street photos and child exploitation photos.
Don