RE: making a pinhole

On Tue, February 8, 2011 09:51, mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Another crazy idea.  Anyone ever use a pinhole camera and add flash to the
> scene to cut down on exposure time?  Full power on the strobes should help
> a great deal, even though the flash is only there for a small part of the
> exposure time.  I think it would likely work a bit like some stuff I do
> working at night.  There for some things you can set the exposure for say
> 15 seconds or so, and then pop the flash from 2 or 3 places during the
> exposure.  A long enough exposure gives you the sense of night and the
> flash gives you the sharp detail of the image.  That is as long as nothing
> moves.  lol

I don't think the unsharpness in pinhole photos is related to the long
exposure; so I don't think flash, and reduced exposure time, will help
with sharpness.  I think we're dealing with the inherent resolution of the
pinhole itself.

Still, reducing the exposure time could be beneficial for lots of reasons.
 Or undesirable for others; some people use pinholes as a way to make very
long exposures possible.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info