Re: making a pinhole

I played with this a few years ago using my Canon 5D.  I cut a large
hole in a body cap and glued a paper towel tube (painted black on the
inside) to that.  Glued a cardboard disk to the end with a small
(quarter inch) hole.  I painted the whole outside black in several
layers to fill in a few small light leaks.

Over the hole in the end of the tube I taped a piece of aluminum foil.
In that foil I poked a small hole using a pin.

This gave pretty good results.  I could not get a clean hole.  Small
defects in the hole scattered light reducing contrast.

Body caps are cheap on eBay and the rest of the material is nearly free.
You can experiment a lot for little cost.

Tim