Subject: Re: f number adjustment to increase light level
From: ADavidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, January 21, 2011 9:53 am
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Agreed ... factors of 2 are easy but what if you wanted a factor of 4
or 6 or 75?
I will agree again that is is academic but in certain obscure and
unanticipated applications it might be useful to know this if you want
to determine a specific
f number rather than just guessing at it. The question was asked in an
academic
setting - part of the overall technical education of photo technology
students.

Andy

PS: Interestingly ... most students here don't know what a
photographic enlarger
is or what a light meter is either! The digital age is upon us! ;) <-
wink!