Re: f number adjustment to increase light level

Agreed ... factors of 2 are easy but what if you wanted a factor of 4 or 6 or 75? I will agree again that is is academic but in certain obscure and unanticipated applications it might be useful to know this if you want to determine a specific f number rather than just guessing at it. The question was asked in an academic setting - part of the overall technical education of photo technology students.

Andy

PS: Interestingly ... most students here don't know what a photographic enlarger is or what a light meter is either! The digital age is upon us! ;) <- wink!