Re: lightroom question

You need to go to the Library module, right click on the folder where the image is and tell it to synchronize the folder. ÂIt will update everything that you have changed.

Tina

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 2:05 PM, <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well I am going to pose another question for the question. ÂLightroom is non destructive. ÂYou can open, edit save and close, and you still have the original file unaltered with all the changes made to a side car file. ÂNow if you edit in Photoshop, then save, wouldn't that alter the original file unless you used "save as"" and then gave the file a different name??? ÂThen when you went back to lightroom would you have to import the new file to the library or would lightroom automatically find it?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: lightroom question
From: Lea Murphy <lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, January 20, 2011 12:03 pm
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I hope my Lightroom questions aren't a bother but I'm pretty sure someone here can help me figure this out faster than I can muddle through on my own.

I have, thanks to suggestions from this group, figured out that I must have my filters turned off in order to see my Photoshop-edited photos once I return to Lightroom after working on them.

My new question is this: shouldn't an edited image show up immediately once I close it and save in Photoshop?

In my case they are not. I'm having to pick a different keyword search then come back into it in order to get my edited image to show up.

Maybe that's the hitch...the keyword criteria. But why? I notice that the new image (after I finally track it down), once deposited back into Lightroom from editing in Photoshop, is properly keyworded.

The game is afoot!

Any illumination is appreciated.

Lea

your kids . my camera . we'll click