Re: a simple model release

In a message dated 17/01/2011 01:26:03 GMT Standard Time, herschel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I have to cover the bases because I may want to use it on my website or for a national campaign of senior portraiture for some future ad once I'm a household name.... In the end, like all contracts, we have to trust each other.
Looks like an exercise in making mountains out of molehills.

Forget about the fact that some schoolchild you photograph might attain fame or notoriety. Your immediate aim is to get the parents to buy a set of prints of their child.

Sell the prints to the parents and relinquish any rights you have.

If you want to use photos for your business brochure or website just use your imagination and favourite photoediting program to build photofit pictures of the young ladies and gentlemen you have photographed
Providing you are careful and do not give Jack a cleavage or Jill an unbecoming moustache it is unlikely that any parent or model would say anything more than she's got so and so's eyes (nose, mouth, etc).

Michael