RE: Scanning/copying addenda

Very interesting bringing this up now as I've been pondering some issues with my getting towards 70 and storage of stuff no longer in use - like all the positive film that I don't consider worth having scanned.

Years ago I bought an Olympus film scanner and produced 10M tifs of all my keepers. It was SCSI (remember) and finally would not work with one computer upgrade on the cusp of the transition to USB.

Ultimately it made its way to the recycling heaven for old outdated electronics.

The scans are inadequate and about 10% of them have artistic value still while the remaining 90% have sentimental value.

So I would like to go through all my film and get good quality scans of the 5% of it worth scanning. And I'm considering discarding all those images which still do not meet my requirements for adequate artistic quality.

Would you throw away all the old film which does not meet your quality standards - technical and artistic?
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx