From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Marilyn [marilyn160@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 10:08 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Scanner problems

Hello All:

My scanner is not working properly and I’m not sure how to correct my problem.  When I scan a photograph, zig-zag lines of color (mostly red, green and blue) are visible on the scan.  These lines are not on the photograph being scanned.  Do I need to adjust the scanner in some way (a HP Photosmart C6180), or is it time for a new scanner?  This happens no matter what the type of paper the photograph is on, or the paper’s finish.  The photographs were taken on film.

Marilyn

****
Have you ever wished you could tell your childhood self a thing or two about growing up?
Would the knowledge you know now have saved you from learning things the hard way?

It's Tough Growing Up: Children's Stories of Courage
Marilyn Dalrymple and Joan Foor
www.itstoughgrowingup.com