Re: Value of digital prints in the future

On Fri, November 5, 2010 11:47, Kim Mosley wrote:
> It is my understanding that with etchings (like what Rembrandt did) they
> are
> more valuable with earlier numbers because the plate wears down.
> Lithographs
> are the same no matter what part they are of an edition (like
> photographs).

The behavior of contact-ink-transfer printing obviously varies with the
method.  I'm sure etchings and wood-blocks wear significantly within the
number of prints relevant to edition size.

I'm not sure that actual stone lithographs don't also have a significant
wear factor.  (Some artists deliberately confuse photo offset lithography
AKA ordinary modern commercial printing with stone lithography.)

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info