Re: {F exhibit on 2 OCT 2010

Lea Murphy - Rachel, Josh and Edyn This is aÂtechnically perfect image, and doubtless the parents are delighted, but it suffers from the lifelessnessÂof most arranged andÂposed commercial studioÂimages. The two older children are smiling as directed but they are not as genuinely happy as they would be in a more natural state while on a playground or at the beach or in an amusement park. The infant is caught in a good position and _expression_, but likely is responding to an adult's voice.ÂÂTheÂartsyÂborder seems wholly unnecessary and artificial.ÂÂ
ÂÂÂ
Andrew Sharpe - Cactus leaf This is a somewhat interesting black and white study but not exactly compelling.ÂÂÂ
Rand Flory - Surprise Lake The harsh overexposed pale rocky areas need to be burned in or better yet the image should have been made a stop or two down. A strong argument here for bracketing.
ÂÂ
Pablo Coronel - 10AM Not much is going on in thisÂrocky wall. The shadows seem to be of church spires, but then what's the mass to their right? The time of day as a titleÂseems irrelevant to the visual subject matter.
Dan Mitchell - RooftopsÂÂ A very busy collection of buildings in suburbia, taken from a relatively high elevation, perhaps from the window of a departing or arriving airplane.ÂÂ Nothing stands out, captures attention.ÂÂÂ

Trevor Cunningham - darkling beetleÂÂ I never knew cats ate insects until one day on the patio of my villa in Italy my lean and meanÂCalico leaped two feet straight in the airÂand snagged a buzzing dragonfly, then greedily chewed it up.ÂÂ This bug looks like it came from outer space.
Christopher Strevens - The happy Priests. Sorry but as a former Catholic and quite familiar with thatÂbody's institutionalized pedophelia and decades-long coverup, I can only wince, even though these folks probably are Protestants, sinceÂthree of them are women.ÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ
Emily Ferguson - Harvest Moon Moody, dreamy shot. Romantic.Â
Yoram Gelman - Drip DryÂÂ This would have been much more successful an image if the sky had not been overcast.ÂÂ Too much white in the background.