RE: PF exhibit on Sep 25, 10

John's picture is notable for the story not for the image. His image is ok
but the subject looks like he is about to fall over. I like the dog. Dan's
image warrants a similar comment, the story is notable but the image is
something you often see. The image of Brighton Pier does not look like a
pier and if this Brighton is fifty miles south on London in the UK, I am
afraid I cannot place the object photographed. I guess the pier is in the
USA and Brighton should be "New Brighton". The photography of "Summer's End"
is excellent with a well exposed back lit leaf showing all its richness of
Fuji Green. Was it a Fuji film or a Fuji digital I wonder. I took images
like that sometimes once but I tend to take people and street scenes now
partly because of having simpler equipment and being no longer the owner or
user of a car. I lost my license as a result of a minor accident in France
where I failed an eyesight test because I had lost my glasses and my
judgement was affected by medical treatment for stress. The medic did not
tell me it would affect my driving. The frog is ok but I think I can detect
some Jpeg digital artefacts. Lake Calhoun looks like a nice place to walk
round and Dunnington castle is of historic interest and probably taken down
by the parliamentarians at the time of the "commonwealth" revolution against
Charles I in the 17th Century in Britain. Unfortunately the royalist took
back what wasn't theirs' and the plutocracy in England was restored. The
last image listed is leaf by Trevor.

Chris

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated SEP 25,
2010. Authors
with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html
include:

            John Retallack -
            Dan Mitchell - The Great Clock
            Howard Leigh - Brighton Pier
            John Palcewski - Summer's End, Still Green
            Walter Mayes -
            David Dyer-Bennet - Around Lake Calhoun
            Christopher Strevens - Dunnington Castle
            Trevor Cunningham - frangipani with death stain