From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2010 5:11 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: Canon G9 Fix or Repair

I had a Polaroid 35mm scanner that produced a rainbow line across my scans at the same location. I contacted Polaroid and they said send it in.  But by that time I had blown enough air through the scanner that the line disappeared. Just a speck of dust diffracting the light. But i could never figure out why it was a line and not just a spot.

Roy