RE: I have a dream

Actually Don, the Montgomery bus boycott is generally accepted as the beginning of the civil rights movement. That happened starting on December 1st, 1955. By 1963, much had been done and many protests had been staged… Enough for the clan to fear the revolts and take action (i.e. the bombing of the 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham).

Take care,

Mark Lent

From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Don Roberts
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2010 3:26 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Cc: Trevor Cunningham
Subject: Re: I have a dream

Not to pick my own nits but it is nit-picker meaning the eggs of lice.  And the speech was delivered in 1963, Aug. 28th, to be precise.  That period, early 60s, is the generally accepted beginning of the organized, popular drive for civil rights in the US.  An exact beginning is probably not possible to nail down.  And I believe the caption read "during the beginning", a vague time frame.  The idea was presented fairly and described accurately for me.
Don