RE: 2010 Book

On Fri, August 6, 2010 14:27, mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Words have nothing to do with thought or the ability to think.  They are
> just a means of expression of those thoughts.  The autistic can be
> brilliant, but can have great difficulty in expressing it.  Their thoughts
> are no less valid.  They can act on those thoughts and come up with
> wonderful work in many different fields.  Ask them to speak or write, and
> they often have great difficulty.

If they can't speak or write, they can't communicate those thoughts.  They
may indeed by brilliant, or "valid" (whatever that means when applied to a
thought); but they are unavailable to anybody else.  And we can have no
meaningful opinion as to their brilliance or otherwise.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info