Sent: Friday, August 06, 2010 9:41 AM
Subject: RE: 2010 Book

I got English teachers all bent out of shape with these discussions with a simple question.  What difference does it make as long as the message from the sender was clearly understood by the receiver of the message??  The point of this whole exercise is communication not rules.  That's why terms are come to be "accepted" because the message is clear and understood by everyone.  A historic, An historic  how can you get the overall context of the meaning mixed up???

I wish I had a nickel for every time someone told me don't say "ain't", but its in the dictionary now.

It becomes far more of a problem when slang is involved.  The meaning there can be very very different and the message isn't communicated.