RE: Epson 1270 Printer reset software

Is the 1270 compatible with the 1200.  I have some left over 1200 cartridges that need a new home. Just need a snail mail address and I’ll send them off.

James

From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 1:57 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: Epson 1270 Printer reset software

With the 1270 you can run the carts dry. You remove the top shell of the printer. (I have both of my 1270 printers indefinitely unshelled). When you need a new cart you put it in normally which is on the left side. Then you click finish and the cart moves back to the right and the Epson status monitor indicates the color cart is completely full. Then you put in the old cart on the right side and you are ready to print.

Maybe you can do the same with the CX9400.  The reason it runs out of ink is that Epson printers every time you turn it on or at some set interval Epson carts do a little charging which loses some ink of all colors.

Roy