Re: My favourite page of the book

It occurred to me that the book might in some way be a super - PF Gallery and that it would be fascinating to read the comments on each pictures.  I won't attempt to do that  but I will join Herschell on complimenting Mario's photo.

In my own personal case, it's Rene Hales' "Prison Blues" that literally jumps out of the book and sticks in my mind as an extremely powerful statement about separation  and (I hope I'm not wrong in my interpretation here) about the sexual tension arising from the forced separation between the female friend and the prisoner.  The whole composition, the cropping of the girl's body, center on the girl's sexual area and the prison in the back with the fence in-between. There is  extreme tension between the two points but it is completely offset by the great gentleness of the hands and the soft texture of the T Shirt's.

I wonder how many shots it took to get this, Rene..  I would love to see continuation into a small book on the theme of  "Prison Blues"...

There are two other pictures that I can't seem to get out of my mind (just like sometimes a tune keeps repeating in your mind).  These are John Palcewski's "Self Portrait" and John Rettalack's 'Dolly and Rosemary".  I made some comments on John's Self Portrait in an earlier Gallery:  they centered around the intensity of the "regard" (sight) and the whole _expression_ of the "visage" and the association I made with an other unrelated body of work.

As for John's "Dolly and Rosemary", the picture (I treat the pair as a single image) brings me back in time and space into a Fellini-type environment.  What we see of these two women and their environment is so far away from the reality of most residency hospital.  It is clear that my interpretation of the picture is not likely to be representative of the situation but I feel like if I were in some forgotten Italian palace that was inhabited by smiling, richly and colorfully  dressed residents wandering in the corridors to exchange with the viewer..

Last but not least, the pictures of the 23 other participants are each in their own way absolutely wonderful.

Congratulations to all, to Andy's elves and trolls and to Andy himself.

Guy