Re: PF members exhibit on July 31, 2010

I guess I just made it on commenting on last week's gallery. I decided to make sure I didn't miss again.

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated JUL 31, 2010. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

                  D.L. Shipman - Yee-haw

A well timed photograph. Many strive to capture peak action, I feel you have succeeded here.

                  Dan Mitchell - Edinburgh

A nice perspective on a much photographed city. You captured some very nice light here as well.

                  Trevor Cunningham - north kawartha flower

A very clever use of both IR and post-processing to create an interesting image. This one works for me and I'm not a big selective desaturation fan.

                  Renate Volz - Glory in the Morning

A truely stunning use of backlight. Everything glows beautifully with the rim areas especially good.

                  Yoram Gelman - Lined Sheep

It took me a minute to find the sheep which is a good thing. You composed this wekk with some background above and below the line. I also like the detail left in the background trees.

                  John Palcewski - Self Portrait 46

Now here is one I would have liked to hear the backstory:-) A nicely made self-portrait John. OBTW, are those the same curtains as in last week's image?

                  Michael Hughes - Directrice

In our world of small digital video cameras I'm surprised we don't see more like this. I hope her subjects appreciate the effort. The photograph is well made with just the right amount of fill (?).

Emily Ferguson - skiffs bouncing at the dinghy dock at the
                                              beginning of a storm

A great way to indicate the action in a still image, Emily. I can feel and hear the boats bouncing around. I hope the storm wasn't too bad.

                  Don Roberts - Hibiscus

Yes, the backlight made this one special. The choice of depth-of-field and focal point is also well chosen.

Mark Harris