RE: Some really great photos and history.

Wow! How awesome. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 12:53:50 -0400
From: w8imo@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Some really great photos and history.
To: photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thought you'd appreciate these..

Some really great photos and history.

real photos of an era - long gone

Kodachrome

If you're old (as I am) and love photography (as I do), you'll enjoy these old WPA photos. Kodachrome

 had a few problems at birth, but within a year or two became the premier color film of all time. Nothing

has ever surpassed it for resolution and archival qualities. Sadly, it has essentially died out and only one

lab in the world will still process it, and then only 35mm.

The WPA was a good thing for America at the time, and because they paid professional photographers

to document the program we have a legacy of photographs, many in color, that realistically documented

that period in our history. This site (link below) is well worth a look if you like history and photography.

 Great pictures from America 's past.