Re: PF weekly gallery update July 17, 2010

Hi all,

My thoughts on the gallery this week.

                Pini Vollach -

I like how all the diagonals of the man-made wires is broken by the flying
birds. From your comment I don't know if the PS work was adjustment or
compositing. Either way, a good image but I might have wanted to believe
this is what you captured.

                Emily Ferguson - Comber at New Silver Beach

I have to say I thought this was a single photograph before I read the
caption. Well created, Emily.

                John Palcewski - The Real Me

I like the concept of using your photographs to illustrate your terrific
writing. It does cause me to pause while writing my comments to absorb your
thoughts behind the image. The story, and story behind it in your reply
comment, is very touching. This is a good picture to go with it. I like her
facing out of the frame and the pink fabric contrasting all of her black
clothes.

                Christopher Strevens - The Old Hospital

This is a nicely done architectural image. The lack of visual cues makes the
caption a requirement to fully understand the context. I like the soft light
on, what looks like, an overcast day.

Mark Harris
gsphotoguy@xxxxxxx
http://gsphotoguy.photography.com/