Re: PF member's exhibit on JUN 05, 10

Having just finished making prints in the darkroom I thought this was a good time to comment on this week's gallery. ----- Original Message ----- From: "ADavidhazy" <andpph@xxxxxxx>
<SNIP>
Subject: PF member's exhibit on JUN 05, 10

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated JUN 05, 2010. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

            Trevor Cunningham - frangipani leaf silhouette

A terrific composition, Trevor. The detail in those parts of the leaf in focus is well captured. With the shallow depth-of-field of macro photographs you have to be careful to keep the leaf in a single plane. That would have fixed the top edge although that tskes very little away.

            D.L. Shipman - Orchids at a local show.

I like the way the flowers blend to the dark background. Very well lighted and composed.

            John Palcewski - Self Portrait

Very clever, John. I like the shadow of the strap which adds an interesting abstraction to your shadow. Nice job holding some shadow detail behind the bright sign.

            Yoram Gelman - Two Strings

Yes, the blur here is more then acceptable, it is a useful element in the composition. It does lend a cue to the action taking place. This is very well made.

            Pini Vollach - Abstract stairs

I'm glad I read your comment prior to sending this because I was very confused before:-) I like this image very much. There is a scale apparent here that is hard to show. I'll look forward to the stairs in the future.

            Mark Harris - Katy_T with Lace

I'll take this opportunity to reply to those who commented already in last night's digest.

Rob - Thank you for the kind comment. When working with a great model like Katy_T parts of this become easy. She just played and I captured one good image after another. The "covering up" did not occur in all frames but I happen to like the innocence in this one. While making these she said she felt like she had just gotten out of bed and was looking to see what the day was like. I think that mood came through.

Yoram - I agree that inferred nudity is sometimes more sensual then full nudity. This was one image where it worked well for me too.

<SNIP>

Mark Harris
gsphotoguy@xxxxxxx
http://gsphotoguy.photography.com/