old lenses

I thought I'd put this out to the members of this list. I would like to find a source fora lens, preferably in working condition, that would be of the sort that the mid to late 19th century photogs - O'Sullivan, Jackson, et al - would used for their landscapes. Or does anyone have any idea what a modern day equivalents would be in focal length and aperture - especially the widest opening. Ultimately I'd like to experiment with this old glass on a medium format digital back.

Thanks,

Chuck