Re: PF members gallery on May 29, 2010

All,

On this lovely Memorial Day Weekend in the Northeast US here are my thoughts on this week's gallery.

----- Original Message ----- From: "ADavidhazy" <andpph@xxxxxxx>
<SNIP>
Subject: PF members gallery on May 29, 2010

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated May 29, 2010. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

                 Dan Mitchell - Blue

At first I wasn't sure I liked the center horizon but it grew on me. I agree with Dan about the beautiful blues and the simplicity of the composition.

                 D.L. Shipman - Arcadia county rodeo 2010

I don't get cold and wet from the image but the sense of action is terrific. Panning with the subjects keeps them nicely sharp yet blurring the background.

                 John Palcewski - Fear

I'm not sure this is what you intended but I see a fearful face in the parts of these windows. I feel I would have liked to see the elements square with the borders.

                 Jim Davis - Old Watermill

I'll bet this viewpoint has a great view of both the mill and the waterfall after the leaves are off the trees. I don't know if there is enough water then but it might be worth a try if you haven't photographed it in the fall.

                 Elson T. Elizaga - Moon and Venus

A very nicely captured night sky image. I like how you composed this with the stars.

                 Yoram Gelman - Courtly Dance as Performance

I don't feel there is too much motion. It does convey action which seems to be part of your intention. Live stage performances are bery dificult to capture well.

Michael Hughes - Street Musician, Norwich, with Celtic harp

When I wrote to Andy to point out the misidentification I said I liked the photograph and didn't mind if people thought it was mine but figured Michael would want it properly credited. I like that you captured this big guy playing a delicate instrument with such obvious passion. You have captured this scene very well.

                 Pini Vollach - Untitled

I feel that some of the best composites are ones that you can't tell are composites. This one is well made and quite abstract.

<SNIP>

Mark Harris