Sent: Monday, May 24, 2010 9:23 AM
Subject: Re: Canon 5D and Windows 7

On Sun, 23 May 2010 12:29:42 -0400, Tim Corio <tcorio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

Is anyone using Canon 5D (not the Mark II) with Windows 7?

I've been using EOS Utilities on Windows 2000 to control the camera.
Now, I want to connect the camera to my laptop running Windows 7.  It
appears Canon is not supporting EOS Utilities on Windows 7.

Is there a new tool for controlling the camera on Windows 7?
Should I try installing an old version of EOS Utilities?

Tim, have you actually tried it with Windows 7? Anything that works with Vista
should work with 7.

If you tried and it doesn't work, I would guess an older version definitely
isn't going to work.

Windows 2000, wow, didn't know anyone used that. If it's real important and you can't get it to work with 7, you can install both and boot into 2000 for that
feature.

I'm curious about what you use the computer control with a camera for. I mean I think it's a neat feature but haven't ever thought of something I'd want to do
with it.

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
http://easternbeaver.com/ - Motorcycle Electrics