Re: PF members gallery on 05-08-10

At 9:18 PM -0400 5/7/10, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated May 08, 2010. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

            Lea Murphy - Big Daddy Hosta

I do like it, and the camera involved is actually in publishing use more and more. The New Yorker has used iPhone photos for covers. The fact of the matter is what we all know - that it's not the tool you use but the vision you bring to the image. This one is a great success in that regard.

            Laurenz Bobke - Spring leaves

This is lovely, and classic, but I think it would be improved with back lighting behind the leaves. They need to be transparent.

            Trevor Cunningham - hanging on

Interesting, but too soft for my taste and I'm not sure that the title is very relevant.

            Don Roberts - Uxmal

Looks like the darks are really pushed, and the composition really deemphasises the announced subject. There's a big mound of something behind the lawn and string of windows.

            John Palcewski - Subway

It's an interesting comment on the moment when one is supposed to become unaware of ones surroundings. Is the man not really in to the hug, or does he think it's all sort of a joke but he's not ready to let her in to it? The humor in his eyes sort of betrays her.

            Russ Baker - Tamara

Discussed, did we come to a conclusion.

            Andrew Davidhazy - Chicago Lights

I love this, love Andy's outside-the-box habit, love the symmetry, love the effect. The result of the process is absorbing, interesting, draws the viewer in, evokes questions from the viewer.

There are 0 photographs awaiting installation. Send yours sometime soon!
Instructions at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery-sub.html

Don't know how many have submitted, but it's Friday, and time to get your act together and send Andy a photo. Do it now. Takes but a moment.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx