Subject: PF galery on May 1, 2010

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated May 01, 2010. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

           Jim Davis - Storm Over Fuji City

I've seen many photographs of the mountain but none made quite like this one. The city in deep shadow is a nice addition and places the mountain well.

           David Small - Naked Cowgirl

Yes, there is a sadness for times gone by but yet, there she is performing. I don't know if she gets enjoyment from doing this but I give her credit for getting out there. I wonder if the vignetting was done on purpose? I feel it takes away from the image.

           Guy Glorieux - Three colors

An interesting abstract urbanscape. I've never been to Houston so I don't have the attachment of others.

           Dan Mitchell - Country Cottage

I thought this had an instant photograph feel then read the caption. It is a nice image, well composed but not too much more.

           Alan Zinn - Canopic

A well done capture of the museum display but, what makes it a fun image, is the other photographer shooting from the other side. That makes it something interesting to me.

           Hans Klemmer - Girl, Amritsar India

I like how the deep shadow abstracts the portrait. There is strength imparted by this making it different from what we've seen many time from others.

           Emily L. Ferguson - spring morning

A very nice image, Emily. I get the cool spring morning feel I think you intended. The pattern of grasses is well captured.

           Yoram Gelman - Mist in Patagonia

Two mist images in a row:-) I like this one too. The depth implied by the mist and all the layers is very good. The sky is a bit too bright for me but that is only my opinion.

           Andrew Sharpe - Boronda Lake, CA

A very calm image, beautifully compose. B&W was the right choice for this photograph. I feel you picked just the right place to make this image.

           John Palcewski - Curtain

The series of rectilinear frames broken by the curtains creates a very nice photograph. The rim of light on the inner window frame and the curtains works well. Did you consider converting it to B&W?

<SNIP>

Mark Harris
gsphotoguy@xxxxxxx
http://gsphotoguy.photography.com/