Re: Running Lightroom on own drive

You don't need to isolate LR to its own drive, leave the program on your main drive but start a catalog from your external drive. You can have many catalogs and ne'er the twain need meet.

When you start a new catalog you want to be sure to place it in the external drive, too, rather than the default location which is usually your pictures folder.

All that being said, I have multiple catalogs and wish I didn't. Your images may be more conducive to multiple catalogs than mine are, though.

Lea

winter. over it.