Re: Pseudo-3D

I've made a number of anaglyphs using two disposable cameras mounted side-by-side with the buttons pushed simultaneously.  I've also mounted them so they can be viewed with a stereopticon.  And, I made a slide mount for my old Canon 10D that allowed two pictures to be taken sequentially.  They all worked fine.  I've never been able to master the cross-eyed technique.

Stereo photos have been used for aerial mapping for many years.  The cameras are gigantic, of course.

Many civil war photos were stereos, but one usually sees only one image.  A few years ago, someone published book of them that included molded plastic glasses to view them with.  I think this might be it:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B002ED2X10/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0

Roger

On 2 Mar 2010, at 8:09 AM, lookaround360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> What camera or method did you use? I had to get really close to the
> screen. The images were rather small.
>
> AZ
>
> LOOKAROUND - Since 1978
> Build a 120/35mm Lookaround!