Re: PHOTOFORUM digest 5343

Copyrights
————————

On 12 Feb 2010, at 04:04, List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students wrote:

>>  I can only wonder how you feel
>>    about someone stealing: your car, your camera gear, your wallet,
>>    your identity.  People always steal these things too.

As Albert once said (Einstein that is) - it is a matter of relativity.  My car is worth say $4K, my camera gear less so.  My identity is priceless.

But these are costly things, whereas, unless I chance on a "scoop", some good pictures might fetch from $10 to $100 in reproduction rights - and it would cost a whole lot more to pursue an action for copyright infringement. So I'll continue launching them into Flicker, et alii, freely available to steal if anyone is so minded, and wish them well.