Re: Aperture?

NO!

The beauty of LR is that all it does is 'write recipes' which means, essentially, that nothing is done on a pixel level to your image until you export it.

You can see that by going to the develop module and looking under the history tab which is on the left hand side of the screen. All of those 'states' are just directions telling LR what to do to the image but nothing actually happens to it until you export it.

Do something to your image.

Want to undo it?

Move up a state.

Want to undo several things?

Move up several states.

Want to try several things on the same image?

Make a virtual copy (command and apostrophe on the mac). Voila! You have a virtual copy and can manipulate that one to your heart's content and again, nothing REALLY happens until it's exported.

And even once it is exported you can go back to LR and click on the state the 'import' state and there's your original file, good as new without a thing in the world done to it.

LR is one of the coolest, best programs in the world for photographers. I'd give up PS before I'd give up LR.

Lea