Re: The inspiring photograph - Flickr

Alan writes

>Oh dear Karl - you need to expand your library, quick!

;)

Actually there's one or two AA's I like, but on the whole.. no.

The collections gathered by Roger Maile at Creative Monochrome (Best of
Friends) are amazing collections, well worth hunting down.

At least the earlier ones are (number 11 seems to have evoked a rather
detrimental reaction in this reviewer:
http://grumpyoldbookman.blogspot.com/2004/12/best-of-friends.html )

The idiology behind the publishing was interesting too, accept thousands of
entries, the editor hand picking the ones he alone liked and publishing the
results.  The publishing house went to the wall sadly, but it has always
been an interesting experience showing people these books and seeing their
reactions.

Passing them to non-photographers evoked little reaction, they'd flip
through and  hand back the book often having expressed no reaction -
however at college, I kept the ones I owned in the photo store and they
were the most poured over books of them all.