Re: Thames Tugboat

On 21 Dec 2009, at 04:02, List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students wrote:

>>            Dan Mitchell - Thames Tugboat  (Mark said -------)
>
> This idea is very good but I wonder if it would have been stronger if the tug and barge was just a little further along. It just might have balanced better.

The problem here was I had just one shot at this scene.  I was on a river boat going downstream, and the tug was proceeding upstream - thus the two boats had a fast closing speed, and my digital camera takes a little time to record the picture and re-cycle ready for the next.  By the time I and the camera were ready to take the next shot the tug was too far to the left relative to me; the shot only works (for me) if the tug is moving into the frame.