Re: Repost: Re: Question/Two pearls of wisdom

Two pearls of wisdom right next to each other in my email box. Thanks!
Roy

:At the risk of being thought of a "pot" calling the "kettle" black - I feel here we may be letting the medium swamp the message.  I'm working at present using Polaroid film, and other members looking into tri-color seperations.  Fine - but those are both "medium" things, when what is really important is the end result. Has the photographer achieved a good result, however you define "good", whether it be artistic or something else.

So it shouldn't matter whether we use wet collodion (and I know someone who does), or digital - surely the end result of a finished picture is all that matters ?

dan.

Ah, people think their lives complicated. It's their nature.

Due to the dozens of open channels we have the illusion of being vital part of the daily process or even vital part of other peoples' lives. The illusion whispers to us as if we could refine the processes everywhere and change what we dislike. It's the region where the hidden conflict between our imagination and dilettanteism lives it's dirty little life But we should gain more control of our own activities for the most of the time. After a while You don't care any more and simply do Your own thing, to be proud of later.

Or something similar...

Peeter Vissak