Re: From the sublime to the ridiculous?

On Wed, November 18, 2009 15:44, ADavidhazy wrote:
> A little more photo talk FYI - my students struggled with the answer to
> this question. How would you
> or your students do?
>
> QUESTION: If two lamps provide a level of illumination that produces two
> stop underexposure of a
> given scene, how many ADDITIONAL lamps are needed to provide a level of
> illumination that will
> result in a properly exposed scene?
>
> 1      2      3      4      6       8
>
> circle one choice

Two stops is 4x the light, so you need 4x the lamps, 8 lamps total.  So
that's 6 additional lamps beyond the two you started with.

> To find out the answer (you can work out the reasons!) (or ask!) follow
> this link:
> http://people.rit.edu/andpph/a-pix/lamps-1.jpg
>
> BTW, I have another hoky question for you: How wide is 35mm film?

Grant and Mrs. Grant?

Oh, wait, wrong question.  The film strip is actually 35mm wide -- 24mm of
image area plus 11mm of sprocket and border.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info