Re: How many----? (PHOTOFORUM digest 5251)

I've used both for almost a year. If you don't turn either on, the D3x prevails, hands down. Handle them, listen to them, and the D3x prevails, again, even with the battery pack on the 5DII. And the dual card slots are a plus.

However, if you want that movie capture (which I though I never would), imager cleaner (damn the D3x for not having it), usable high ISO, portability, and, of course cost, then go with the 5DII.

Although I handled both D3x and 1Ds bodies and found them in the same league as camera bodies go, my preference is for the L's.

Ultimately, your bottom line are your final images.

And most established artists care more about the final image than the popularity or robustness of the instrument.  A good example that always comes to mind is Betty Hahn whose Mickey Mouse camera under glass beside her retrospective work helped fill the largest gal hy museum. Being one of the more expensive models, she said she paid under $2 for it . . .

eugene