Gallery Comments

Rene M Hales
Rain Forest (Infrared):  I like this very much.  It is crisp, clean and well composed.  There is a three dimensional look to it and that draws me right into the image.  My favorite part of this photograph is the delicate branches and leaves silhouetted against the fallen log.  Beautiful.

Elson T. Elizaga
Dragon Boat Lady:  A very nice image.  It's difficult to tell if it was taken in a studio or on site.  The grey background and red shirt are pleasing; I like the angle of her head.  Very well done.

Greg Fraser
Garden Party:  Unusual, thoughtful, attractive.  I like it.

John Palcewski
Lara:  Nice tonality in this shot.  I really like the black and white - I think it's much more pleasing than a color shot would have been.  A nice _expression_ on the girl's face.  She seems totally unaware of the camera.  A beautiful shot.

Christopher Strevens
Girl Friend:  An impromptu photograph, apparently unplanned and unposed.  Quite natural and honest.  It is composed well - but, the fishing pole (?) is a little distracting.  The beach is beautiful as is the very lightly clouded blue sky.

Stephen Ylvisaker
Praying Mantis 11-9-09:  Wow!  It looks as if he is posing for you.  I like this very much; there is so much detail that I couldn't see if I was observing the insect myself (I probably wouldn't be brave enough to get my face that close to it)  I'd like to see just a touch more contrast between the insect and the background, but this is really nice, regardless.

It is an interesting show this week, and a treat to see the black and white images.  Thank you to Andy and the staff for hanging the show.

Marilyn